JEE ADVANCED 2018 will take place on May 20, 2018. It is being held byIIT Kanpur. With four months left, many students are looking for a way to get a rank within 3000.
If you want to secure a decent performance in JEE Advanced exam, then go through the following process –
In the months of December and January, you can allot lesser time for maths. But, whether you like it or not, you should have completed your syllabus by now. In the last few months, you cannot really afford to study something new and just do free practice tests.
Also, unless you take a break from school, you’ve got to study for Class XII Board exams as well. So, you need to study for it exclusively along with mock test prep for JEE exam.
December to Mid-January –
Begin by focusing on Class 11th books. Go through NCERT textbooks and solve online mock test on these subject wise topics:
- Chemical and Ionic Equilibrium
- Periodic Table
- Atomic Structure
- Gaseous state
It is possible to study and do free practice tests for Heat, Mechanics, and Waves within this period. Allocate the following duration:
Mechanics: 30 days
Heat: 7 days
Waves: 7 days
- Complete Co-ordinate Geometry
- Permutation & Combination
- Complex Number
- Quadratic Equation
Also try and practice aptitude tests for JEE Advanced 2018 in spare time.
Also Read: 5 Essential Things to Know about JEE Main 2018 Examination
Mid-January to April End –
- Students who get a rank within 3000 use this period in a smart manner. They complete their Board exam syllabi by this time along with mock test prep. This allows them to prepare for the JEE exam topics with a stronger action plan.
- Another key to crack the magic number 3000 in JEE Advanced 2018, is to prepare a chapter-wise plan while revising. Preparing revision notes along with free online test as you study is important because that will reduce the time spent in revising earlier lessons later on.
- Apart from the free online test on eLearning sites, you need to spend these last few days on solving last year’s question papers only to get yourself fully prepared for facing every question with utmost confidence. While solving these online mock test papers, make sure that you don’t take time beyond the standard hours allowed in the actual examination hall.
Note: The aim while following the above plan for JEE Advanced 2018 should be to study for 12 hours. It is not possible to study with 100% efficiency for 12 hours but try for at least 70% efficiency.