Her personal motto is, ‘’When you cease to dream, you cease to live’’. Meet the 20 year old Manushi Chhillar, Miss World 2017.
By winning the crown for India after 17 years, Manushi is the top news story all over Indian tv channels and Indian social networking sites for her beauty, knowledge, attitude and intelligence. Speaking of her intelligence, she has been a CBSE topper, a women’s rights advocate and more. Her career story shows the strength of all–round education.
So, here are 5 interesting things to learn about Miss World 2017.
- Showing that education is the key to success, heer career is an inspiration for many other girls. In her Class 12 CBSE examinations, Manushi was the CBSE topper in English.
- Not stopping at being a topper, she chose to carry on her education with an MBBS course. Miss World 2017 Manushi Chhillar is a student at Bhagat Phool Singh Government Medical College for Women in Sonepat. She is currently in her third year of MBBS.
- Her mother, Dr. Neelam Chhillar is department head of neurochemistry at the Institute of Human Behavior and Allied Science. Her father, Dr. Mitra Basu Chhillar is a scientist at the Defence Research and Development Organization
- Manushi Chillar is an advocate for menstrual hygiene through her online learning ‘Project Shakti’. Through her knowledge she creates awareness on Indian social networking sites. She also educates people about problems concerning menstrual cycle.
- Chhillar is the sixth Indian to win the coveted crown, which was first won by Reita Faria back in 1966. Aishwarya Rai had bagged the title in 1994, followed by Diana Haydon in 1997, Yukta Mookhey in 1999 and Priyanka Chopra in 2000, the last for India.
From CBSE Topper to Miss World 2017, Manushi’s career story is an inspiration and example of what education can do for you.
In the end it would be apt to finish this article with a quote by ancient Greek Philosopher, Pluto.
‘’For the object of education is to teach us to love beauty’’ - Plato