If you are experiencing difficulty downloading or viewing images, then you are at the right place. Sometimes browsers like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome can leave one frustrated by not loading images properly.
Following the troubleshooting instructions given further may help you get rid of the problem. We are going to take the example of Firefox browser here. Procedures to fix image loading problems is more or less the same in other browsers such as Google Chrome.
This article applies to:
- Still image file formats such as PNG, GIF, and JPG
- Animated file formats like animated GIF
This article does not apply to the following formats:
Video, such as MPG, WMV, and AVI. For more information, see Fix common audio and video issues.
- Animated content that is displayed through a plugin, such as the Flash plugin.
Clear cookies and cache
Sometimes problems loading your beloved stock wallpapers can be fixed by clearing the cookies and cache. Here’s what you can do:
- Click the menu button , choose History and select Clear Recent History….
- In the Time Range to clear: drop-down, select Everything.
- Click the arrow next to Details to display the list of items that can be cleared.
- Now select both options of Cookies and Cache.
Click Clear Now.
Check image permissions for a specific website
Firefox allows you to prevent images from loading for certain Indian social networking sites to make pages load faster. If you are having trouble viewing images for a specific website:
- Click the Site Identity Button(the website’s icon to the left of its address).
- Click the More information…button in the prompt. The Page Info window will open.
- Select the Permissions
- Make sure Allowis selected next to Load Images.
- Close the Page Info window.
Some Internet security software (including antivirus and anti-spyware programs, firewalls, privacy programs, and others) may identify and block certain images for wallpaper as web bugs or may prevent pictures from animating. Check the settings for your Internet security program to make sure it allows images to load.
Extensions are add-ons that add or modify your browser’s features. You may try to disable or uninstall extensions that may cause images not to load on your screen.
Images load but look wrong
Let’s say, your hd desktop backgrounds on websites load, but don’t look right or don’t look the way they do in other browsers:
- If you are using any sort of web accelerator software, disable it and see if the pictures load properly. For more information, see the documentation that came with the software.
- If the image area shows text or some form of gibberish, see the MozillaZine Knowledge Base article Page displays as gibberish.
Apart from Firefox browser, you may even face trouble with Google not loading images properly or in the right format. Here are some more tips for this:
- Google chooses its own sizes to display thumbnails in Google image search results. So, one cannot do much about the dimensions.
- However, if you click a thumbnail to view it larger, it will have the proper proportions.
- If an image appears on more than one page it may be indexed more than once. That may be why you are seeing multiple copies of the same image.
- For example the main image onDiwali Desktop Wallpaper – HD Wallpapers may appear as a thumbnail on related wallpapers for a different page. The image may also show up in a tag archive page such as Diwali Wallpapers HD | High Quality Desktop Backgrounds.
- It takes awhile for Google to index everything. Have you submitted a sitemap to Google Webmasters – Support, Learn, Connect & Search Console – Google? Submitting a sitemap will help Google to understand what you have on your site.
- If you are using WordPress, you can find many plugins for creating a sitemap.Google XML Sitemaps is a good choice. You can adjust your configuration settings to have it not index your archive pages. This will also help with the multiple copies issue.
- If you useYoast SEO that also includes sitemap functionality, so this would be another option.
Hope this helps you guys fix the problem with your browser, downloading or loading properly, your favorite free royalty free images and hd wallpapers.