Almost 90% of people have at some point in their lives, have an ‘earworm’ in their heads.
No, it’s not this one!
(Image credit: twitter.com/todaysearworm)
It’s not about those slimy, squiggly little creatures. Actually, this is about songs. Yes, the same latest music songs that you hear and then for days together play it in your heads, right?
The process of having a song stuck in our heads and getting it played in a loop is known as ‘’earworm’’.
But have you ever wondered why this sort of thing happens? Why do these old or new songs or soundtracks suddenly start playing in our heads without us even trying to recall them?
The answer to it lies in a Research. A team of researchers in the US have identified five key components that turn those old classical tunes into infectious melodies. These are:
What more? This team of researchers has even gone on to the extent of making a MATHEMATICAL FORMULA to explain the forming of an earworm! (Not kidding!)
You can now find out whether the song that you like the most has the potential to repeat in your head. And, the formula that has been put forward the music industry goes something like this:
But Is It Really a Matter of Concern?
These fascinating researches have become a hot topic on the best social networking sites.
And the big question needs to be answered now. What implications will it have on the general masses and the music industry?
Nearly 40% of our days are spent in thinking about music and songs that have nothing to do with what we are doing at that moment. For instance, one could be playing football or doing their school homework and yet their brain has a song stuck in a loop. Researches like these can help us find out why this happens.
They can help discover more functional purposes of this phenomenon. It can also go to find cure for ‘’musical hallucinations’’ that some people have with imaginary tunes around them.
This can also help the up and coming song writers and musicians to write lyrics or make music that people will remember for days and years to come.
Listen to songs online in mp3 format for free, click here
Did You Know?
Researchers have also developed a list of best earworms tunes of all time which has 20 soundtracks in it. These include:
1) Queen – ‘We Will Rock You’
2) Pharrell Williams – ‘Happy’
3) Queen – ‘We Are The Champions’
4) The Proclaimers – ‘I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)’
5) The Village People – ‘YMCA’
6) Queen – ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’
7) Europe – ‘The Final Countdown’
8) Bon Jovi – ‘Livin’ On A Prayer’
9) James Pierpoint – ‘Jingle Bells’
10) Baha Men – ‘Who Let The Dogs Out?’
11) Psy – ‘Gangnam Style’
12) Rick Astley – ‘Never Gonna Give You Up’
13) Journey – ‘Don’t Stop Believin’
14) Mark Ronson – ‘Uptown Funk’
15) Taylor Swift – ‘Shake It Off’
16) Michael Jackson – ‘Beat It’
17) Kaiser Chiefs – ‘Ruby’
18) The Rocky Horror Show – ‘The Timewarp’
19) Meghan Trainor – ‘All About The Bass’
20) Culture Club – ‘Karma Chameleon’
So, which is your favorite song? Which is that tune that gets stuck in your head? Share it all in the comments section below.
Source : https://sabakuch.com/blog/2017/06/14/is-your-song-an-earworm-find-out/