One of the most challenging question that a lot of students face after their Class XII Board
Exams is, ‘what should they be doing next?’Your entire career can get shaped by what you wish to do after these exams.
While many people look for answers from their peers on Indian social networking sites, others can take some tips mentioned below:
Know Your Self
Do a SWOT analysis of your own self. SWOT refers to; Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats. Identify these things for your own good and the result of this analysis will definitely surprise you.Since you will be putting your 3 or 4 years into a course, it must be suitable for you. If it fits your SWOT results, then you will enjoy your journey ahead.
Choose a career counsellor for expert guidance. A good career counselor will do the following:
- Help you choose the right stream for graduation and post-graduation
- Check your school performance and match it with a career line that would best suit you
- Impart knowledge about the various colleges and their admission process based on your interests
These days, online career counselling services have also begun in India. So, if you cannot find one personally then go for online service.
Prepare for College
- It is not a written rule that a student who had Commerce or Science in school should only do B. Comor MBBS. So, instead of worrying on this matter, utilize your time and prepare for entrance tests through E-learning sites, E-mock papers, and books.
- Students and even their parents worry about not finding the ‘best’’ college. Remember, it is you alone and your efforts that take you to success.
- Indian colleges do not force a person to only stick with one subject. You may opt for engineering in graduation but then shift to M.A. in Mass Communication or any other course that you feel you will be good at.
College Isn’t Everything
Yup. You read that right. While going to college is a norm in the society, some of the most successful people on this planet never went to one and some were even a drop-out. Examples in this category include; MukeshAmbani (dropped out of MBA), Kapil Dev, AzimPremji. And, who can forget Apple’s founder, Steve Jobs and Facebook’s creator, Mark Zuckerberg! Now, this is not to discourage anyone from going to college but rather it is an example of self-belief and hard work.
And finally, …
Do What You Are Good At
Ultimately, the basic criteria for a successful life are not marks or degrees, it is all about what you love to do and what you are good at doing.Don’t hold back your skills of art, music, or sports and don’t stop painting or sharing mp3 free music. If you do something that you have a passion for, then you will always be at the top of your game and you will feel happier than having good cumulative marks.
What do you think about the journey after board exams? Share your take in the comments
Source : https://sabakuch.com/blog/2017/05/26/what-to-do-after-class-12-in-india/